Sage on the stage is ancient history.
Guide on the side no longer responds to the needs of a modern learner.
Teachers today need to be collaborative curators.
We need to:
- respond to our students passions and interests
- embrace the ideas of our students
- create situations for our students to learn and extend their learning
- provide resources for our students
- learn alongside our students
- help curate the massive amounts of information found in texts and online
- conference and collaborate with our students
- provide opportunities for our students to collaborate and work together within our classrooms and our buildings
- provide opportunities for our students to collaborate outside of our classrooms and around the world
- celebrate our students' successes
- share our students' learning and help control the message they put into the world
By helping to create environments for our students to collaborate with us, each other and the world and by curating and sharing information and resources with them, we help our students to challenge themselves, create and prepare for their futures.
Think about it, are you a collaborative curator?