Wednesday 10 September 2014

30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 10: Carebear Countdown - 54321

Day 10: Share five random facts about yourself.
Share four things from your bucket list.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a "person" or an educator.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.

5 Random Facts

  • I watched a voice-over documentary the other night and both my husband and I decided that was a job we'd be really good at. 
  • I am a textural eater and cannot stand bananas or big bites of yogurt.
  • I have a life goal to visit at least one new country a for every year of my life. I could take 6 years off before I go somewhere new. 
  • I lived in a mud hut in Lesotho for three months. It felt like home. Being that far away and totally out of touch for weeks at a time should have been hard. It was the best thing I've ever done.
  • I have two cats. If it was up to me, I'd have at least twenty. The only thing between me and a crazy cat lady is Captain Handsome.

4 Things From My Bucket List
  • Become a mom.
  • Go to Antarctica - the last continent I haven't visited.
  • Volunteer at Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary.
  • Write and publish a book.

3 Hopes for the Year
  • Attend #edcampmagic at Disney World.
  • To stay fairly healthy.
  • Help the Gladiator Snails be brave all year and accomplish things they never knew they could.

2 Things that Have Made You Laugh or Cry
  • Watching a former student pick up her six-month chip at NA (cry)
  • Our new class name, "Gladiator Snails", every time I say it (laugh)
A fun challenge: try to figure out whose arms are whose!
1 Thing I Want People to Know About Me
  • I am P2. I am the second of five Pollocks. The rest are all boys. They're my favourite humans.

6 comments:

  1. It was great finding out more about you, Shauna! I totally love the picture in this post. I'm assuming these are your five brothers. What a great shot! I hope that you get to accomplish everything on your bucket list and that all of your hopes for the year come true! Please blog again and let us know how you do with these lists. :)

    Aviva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aviva! Only four brothers! Although, your comment reminded me of a time when someone saw a photo of my four brothers and I years ago, I was wearing a hat and they thought I was a boy. They said, "I thought you only had four brothers".

      I'll certainly keep blogging and sharing about how I'm doing on my goals.

      Delete
  2. Little Mikey is super cute in this picture. If you got a job as a voice over artist, I would listen with my earphones and have funny feelings. I love that you admit that you are a textural eater on here. I can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I shown you the amazing Mikey website? http://mikelookslike.blogspot.ca/ It desperately needs updating, though.

      Delete
  3. Shauna you are amazing! For sure you will be publishing a book! Wishing the best in your career and personal life. I always enjoy listening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Some amazing goals! It really is a treat to get to know more about you on a personal level. Looks like the five of you have a lot of fun together. Your mom had her hands full!

    ReplyDelete